Join our panel, hosted by Robotics Australia Board member, Christian Ruberg for a discussion on the Future of Transport.
Transport and mobility:
- Experts believe that four aspects of the future mobility ecosystem (incremental change; a world of carsharing; the driverless revolution; and a new age of accessible autonomy) are likely to exist simultaneously moving forward.
- The transportation sector is a key component of Australia’s infrastructure, with almost every person relying on some form of transportation to go about their daily lives. Its significance is reflected in its estimated worth ($125.3b) and it employs 8.6% of all employed persons in 2015-161 .
- Australia has one of the world’s largest road networks per capita. Transport as a sector is increasingly being shaped by technological advances that are either core to robotics or relevant to the field. Mobile internet, big data, AI, autonomous vehicles and cloud computing are providing conditions for change3 in the transportation and mobility sectors.
- There are four versions of the future mobility ecosystem which emerge from the intersection of two critical trends: vehicle control (driver vs autonomous) and vehicle ownership (private vs shared).
- Future mobility ecosystems have significant flow on effects on product and service supply chains: technologists, finance, insurance, public sector, medical, legal, retail.
Join us for a great discussion!